Selecting a builder can be a big decision and a stressful process. Selecting the right professionals to work on your building project is essential to its success. When comparing MA home builders, there are many questions that you may pose. These will help you come to an informed decision on which builder to select for a custom home or remodeling project. The following is advice on qualifying MA home builders.
Qualifying MA Home Builders
Below are questions that you can ask builders that you meet with:
- How many years have they been in the industry?
- Does the builder have certain specialties?
- Are they familiar with local building codes?
- What individuals will be performing the work? Are they employees or sub-contractors?
- Will there be other projects that they will be completing at the same time as yours?
- Do they have workers compensation and liability insurance?
- What comparable projects have the builders worked on in the last year?
- Can the builders provide a list of references? And have any customer complaints been initiated against them?
- Are there pictures of previous projects that you can review?
- Are they affiliated with a national professional association?
Using the Details Gathered on MA Home Builders
Asking these questions will give you the current status, past history, and reputation of the builder. Be sure to verify facts where appropriate. This will help you fairly compare builders and select one that is best qualified and matches your needs. Additionally, think about your impressions of each builder. Did they appear knowledgeable in various elements of their business? Did they seem trustworthy? Do you be comfortable working with them? It is important to base your decision on both concrete facts and your gut feelings. Once you have identified a builder, there are additional questions to ask regarding the particular project and contract. Subscribe to our website or call us for more information on qualifying MA home builders and other related topics.